We are delighted that the club is able to reopen in September 2020. However, in order to continue to operate the club safely, everyone attending needs to be aware of (and where appropriate, comply with) the following guidance and procedures. Please be aware that this page may be updated fairly regularly as the situation changes. Please check this page before every session that you attend.
In order for us to keep the club open, all attendees must observe the following:
- You must not attend a session if you are exhibiting any symptoms associated with Covid-19. If you are experiencing symptoms, please let us know as soon as possible and we will try our best to move your booking to another suitable date.
- Please be aware that on busy days the sports hall operators will be administering non-contact temperature checks on all attendees. If your temperature is recorded at or above 37.8C they will refuse entry. In this case, point 1 will apply and we will attempt to move your booking.
- We are unable to repeatedly move sessions - it is extremely disruptive for the club. We anticipate that any attendee should not need to move a booking under these circumstances more than once.
- You must arrive at your session in good time - at least 10 minutes before the start time (or 15 minutes if it is your first session). We have a lot of additional procedures to do now and we cannot allow late entrants as it will disrupt the session. The doors to the hall will be closed at the start of the session and any latecomers will unfortunately forfeit the session. Therefore please allow time for traffic and parking.
- Please bring a facemask or other face covering. We ask everyone to wear a face covering for as much of the session as possible, with the exception of actually shooting (although you can wear a covering at all times if you wish, and it is safe to do so). You must wear a face covering if you are talking to other people.
- Due to the need to limit numbers inside the hall, we ask that you try to avoid bringing additional spectators with your group. If you do want to bring additional people, please let us know when you book, and please respect our decision if we say that the session is too busy that day.
- When you arrive at the hall you will notice a one-way system for entry (including queuing) and exit. This is especially important at busy times to avoid people congregating in hallways. Please follow all of the signage, even if the way looks clear. This is a condition of our continued use of the hall.
- At busy times you may need to queue outside for entry into the hall. Please bring a coat/umbrella if the weather is unpleasant!
- At all times, please maintain social distance (1.5m or greater) as you would in any indoor space. Please be sensible and wait back if you see a queue forming.
- If you are using club equipment, you will be given it at the start of the session. It is essential that you use ONLY the equipment that you have been given and do not touch anyone else's equipment. This is central to our ability to minimise touching/contamination. Equipment is labelled to help with this.
- Sadly we are no longer able to provide any one-to-one tuition for children as it requires close proximity. Therefore, for any participants under about the age of 8 we need the parent/guardian (within the child's group) to be hands-on and assist with the tuition process. We will explain what needs to be done.
- Because of the need to minimise touching and cross-contamination of the target bosses, we will assign participants (in pairs) to a single lane and target. Please stay in that lane and do NOT move around the range. If you are sharing a lane with someone outside of your household, it is important that you regularly sanitise your hands throughout the session.
- We can no longer provide shooting gloves as they are too difficult to sanitise. We will continue to provide tabs, but if you wish to use a glove you should buy your own (they start at about £5). Email us if you would like some guidance.
- At the end of the session, again to minimise cross-contamination, it is important that each pair of archers carry their own target back to storage. Please help us with this in order to avoid members touching more equipment than is necessary.
Our instructors are ArcheryGB / GNAS accredited and DBS checked. The club has public liability insurance of £1Million.
Contact us at [email protected]
Find us on:
Contact us at [email protected]
Find us on: