In order to continue to operate the club safely, everyone attending needs to be aware of and comply with the following guidance and procedures. Please be aware that this page may be updated fairly regularly as the situation changes. Please check this page before every session that you attend.
In order for us to keep the club open, all attendees must observe the following:
- You must not attend a session if you are exhibiting any symptoms associated with Covid-19. If you are experiencing symptoms, please let us know as soon as possible and we will try our best to move your booking to another suitable date. Please be aware that the sports hall operators will be administering non-contact temperature checks on all attendees. If your temperature is recorded at or above 37.8C they will refuse entry (and in this case we will attempt to move your booking). Please note however that we are unable to repeatedly move sessions - it is very disruptive for the club. (We anticipate that any attendee should not need to move a booking under these circumstances more than once or twice).
- Please arrive at your session in good time - at least 10 minutes before the start time so that we can stagger entry to the hall. We have a lot of additional procedures to do now and we cannot allow late entrants as it will disrupt the session. The doors to the hall will be closed at the start of the session and any latecomers will unfortunately forfeit the session. Therefore please allow time for traffic and parking.
- You must bring a facemask or other face covering. Everyone must wear a face covering at all times (unless medically exempt), with the exception of actually shooting, although you can wear a covering during shooting if you wish, and are satisfied that it is safe to do so. You must wear a face covering if you need to talk to other people. You'll also be asked to sanitise your hands upon entry to the hall.
- You must not congregate in groups or mingle with other participants. Alas the only way for the club to reopen is for everyone to carry out their practice as an "individual", as if you were visiting an indoor gym.
- Each participant (or pair*) will be assigned to their own lane and target. Please stay in that lane and do not move around the range. We have spaced out the targets and we may stagger shooting and collection for odd and even lanes so that there is additional space on the shooting line and whilst collecting. (* at certain sessions we will allow 2 archers in a family/friend 'bubble' to share a lane and target.)
- Do not bring anyone with you to the session unless strictly necessary. Due to the obvious need to limit numbers inside the hall we ask that you avoid bringing additional spectators with your group. If you need to bring additional people to support the participant (i.e. a parent or guardian for children or support for anyone with additional needs), please let us know when you book.
- When you arrive at the hall you will notice a one-way system for entry (including queuing) and exit. This is especially important at changeover times to avoid people congregating in hallways and to allow us to stagger entry into the hall. Please follow all of the signage, even if the way looks clear.
- You may need to queue outside for entry into the hall. Please bring a coat/umbrella if the weather is unpleasant!
- At all times, please maintain social distance (2m or greater) as you would in any indoor space. Please be sensible and wait back if you see a queue forming.
- If you are using club equipment, you will be given it at the start of the session. It is essential that you use ONLY the equipment that you have been given and do not touch anyone else's equipment. This is central to our ability to minimise touching/contamination. Equipment is labelled to help with this. At the end of the session, please return it to an instructor for sanitising (please don't return it directly to storage).
- Sadly we are no longer able to provide any one-to-one tuition for children as it requires close proximity. Therefore, for any participants under about the age of 8 we need the parent/guardian (within the child's group) to be hands-on and assist with the tuition process. We will explain what needs to be done.
- At the end of the session, to minimise cross-contamination, it is important that each archer carries their own target back to storage. Please help us with this in order to avoid members or instructors touching more equipment than is necessary. Parents/guardians are responsible for their child's target, but if this is not possible let us know and the instructors will assist in that case.
Our instructors are ArcheryGB / GNAS accredited and DBS checked. The club has public liability insurance of £1Million.
Contact us at [email protected]
Find us on:
Contact us at [email protected]
Find us on: